The tasks set for the scientists today to integrate into the world scientific community require not only concrete measures aimed at improving the quality and effectiveness of scientific research, but also significant efforts to create a scientific journal of international level.
For this purpose, the scientific journal Vestnik CSUTE named after Sh. Yessenov published by Yessenov University was reorganized, namely:
– the magazine’s name changed to the “Yessenov Science Journal”, which is confirmed by the Certificate of registration of the periodical publication No. 17181-Zh;
– foreign scientists were included in the editorial board of the journal to improve the level of professional English and the quality of published scientific publications;
– the thematic sections of the journal have been changed:
- Orientation for the future: Spiritual recovery;
- Oil production, oil and gas engineering, processing of hydrocarbons, environmental problems and environmental protection;
- Transport, construction, information systems and energy;
- Actual problems of social and economic development and legal regulation;
- Humanitarian and natural sciences;
- Science: Research and practice.
– Significant competitive advantages of the publication have been identified, including the release of its English version and open access to full-text materials, which allow to expand the readership, provide potential places for world-class authors, increase the level of citation;
– important tasks in the development of the journal are identified, which the editors managed to solve by bringing it into line with the requirements of global citation indexes;
– the results of the analysis of the bibliometric indicators of the journal are presented, indicating that the publication has good conditions for integration and promotion into the international information space.
The given results of an estimation of a level and quality of publications show that experts positively estimate the occurred changes and the realized strategy of development of the edition corresponds to expectations of a reader’s audience.
The expected result achieved in the field of promoting the journal to a higher level is the inclusion of the journal “Yessenov Science Journal” in the list of publications recommended by the Committee for Control in Education and Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for publishing the main results of scientific activity and ensuring high quality of published materials, increasing the publication indicators and the international visibility of the magazine.