Shakhmardan Yessenov Foundation announces a competition for 10 grants for applicants from low-income families who have not received a state or any other grant for higher (bachelor’s) tuition fees.
A school/orphan home/youth center/college graduate who is planning to study at a Kazakh university for a degree in science or technology sciences and pedagogical (only in science subjects) is eligible for the program.
To enter the competition of the «ÓRLEÝ» program, you need to submit an online application from April 25 to July 14, 2023 through the foundation’s website at yessenovfoundation.org.
*Applications will be accepted on July 14, 2023 at 15:00 Astana time (GMT+6).
The application must be accompanied by:
Required documents for parents and (or) legal representative of the scholarship applicant:
- a scanned copy of an identity card;
- certificate of pension: by age, by disability (if any);
- certificate of benefits: loss of a breadwinner, multi-child family, care for a child, unemployment, targeted social assistance and other grounds, in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan (if any);
- certificate confirming entrepreneurial activity or absence thereof;
- statement of pension contributions as of the date of application from the legal representative and (or) parents of the scholarship applicant;
- information about the presence/absence of housing, a car, a subsidiary farm, etc.
Required documents for the scholarship applicant:
- A scanned copy of an identity card;
- Motivational letter (no more than 750 words) containing:
- information about yourself and your family, about how many people live in the family;
- about their interests and hobbies;
- about their achievements;
- information about the reasons for the need for financial support to pay for tuition;
- reasons for choosing this specialty for the study;
- plans for the next 10 years.
- High school diploma/college diploma (applicants with grades below “good and excellent” are not considered), certificate of passing the UNT (for admission to universities), transcript for university students;
- Disability certificate (if any);
- Certificate of a foster child from an orphanage or foster home.
- Letters of recognition and diplomas for academic achievements – not more than 2 pieces*;
- Letters of recognition and diplomas for other achievements (sports, creative, etc.) – no more than 2 pieces*;
- Photos from the last three years:
- family, where there are all family members or most of them (for the last three years) – 2 pieces.
If deemed applicable, the Foundation reserves the right to request additional documents