- General information:
A graduate in the specialty 5B020700-Translation Studies is awarded an academic degree of a bachelor of translation. Qualifications and positions of the graduate in the specialty 5B020700- Translation Studies are determined in accordance with the “Qualification directory of positions of managers, specialists and other employees”. A Bachelor of Translation can work as a translator/ interpreter, guide-translator, translation editor, etc.
- Advantages of training:
Graduate of the bachelor degree in specialty 5B020700-Translation Studies is prepared for work in the following areas:
- administrative and managerial sphere;
- the sphere of education and science;
- the sphere of culture and intercultural communication;
- international relations;
- the sphere of publishing;
- the sphere of mass media;
- information and analytical sphere in other spheres.
- Opportunities for students in the specialty:
Bachelors in the specialty 5B020700-Translation Studies can perform the following types of professional activities:
- translation (translation of different genre texts and documents, interpretation of negotiations, international meetings, conferences);
- organizational (organization and holding of various kinds of events, creation of professional and public organizations);
- production and management (management and / or execution of professional duties (various types of transfer) in the relevant divisions of domestic, foreign and joint ventures and organizations);
- information and analytical (implementation of socio-political analysis, compilation of business correspondence, reports, reviews, projections of the situation, editing of translations);
- research (collection and processing of practical material, preparation of reports and articles on problems of translation studies and intercultural communication).
- Sphere of professional activity of graduates:
- cultural institutions, international organizations;
- various information and analytical services;
- embassies, missions and ministries;
- tourism agencies;
- publishing houses, translation bureaus.
Professional activities of graduates:
- translation of original texts of different genres and styles;
- work of a translation nature with reference literature and other sources of information (the Internet, electronic dictionaries);
- work of a representative of travel agencies.
- Depending on the specialty “Translation Studies”, according to the basic and specialized foreign language, the graduate can be:
The direction of professional activity in the specialty 5В020700- Translation Studies of higher professional education of the Republic of Kazakhstan is to fulfill the following functional duties:
- carry out written and oral translations;
- to mediate in various types of interlingua and intercultural communication;
- carry out research in the field of translation and philology;
- advise on the foreign language and culture being studied;
- edit and abstract informative texts.
The code of specialty: 5В020700
Bachelor of Translational studies
Elective subject: Foreign language
Specialized subject: History
Form and duration of course: intramural – 4 years
443 300 tenge / 1 academic year
On the basis of vocational secondary education
General elective discipline:
Kazakh and Russian language
Duration of course: 3 years
175 000 tenge / 1 academic year